[ale] OT: FreeBSD VPN Question

Robert Heaven robertheaven at attbi.com
Tue Mar 26 20:34:46 EST 2002

I know there's a few FreeBSD'ers on here so I'll ask this question.

Has anyone ever had any success getting a VPN connection between a
FreeBSD client and a Cisco VPN Concentrator? (unfortunately, Cisco
doesn't make a client for FreeBSD and I can't get the Linux client from
the Cisco web site unless I have a service agreement)

My company has a Cisco VPN Concentrator and we connect to it using a
Cisco  VPN Client running on WinNT. (Yuk) I support about 600 FreeBSD
servers/workstations and using PuTTY really SUX.

I've recompiled the kernel with ipsec support and loaded racoon but,
trying to reverse engineer the Cisco configuration seems impossible.

Anyone been down this road before?

-Robert