[ale] More on Mozilla/Java

Kevin Krumwiede krum at smyrnacable.net
Mon Mar 25 20:56:30 EST 2002

I modified the HTML file, removed the "jpi-version..." crap from the
content type.  Now it works in Galeon.

Still can't load applets off the Internet though.

(tries a few more things)

It works if my firwall rules are turned off when the browser starts.
After that I can put the firewall back up and it can still load applets.

Hmmm... Is the plugin phoning home when it loads?  Does part of it run
suid root?  One of my rules is that root cannot initiate a connection to
the external network.

More experimentation is clearly in order!

Krum