[ale] [Way OT]: voice recorder into .wav or .mp3 or something?!

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Mon Mar 25 18:32:02 EST 2002

Sorry for the WOT on this, but I figure this crowd is the most tech.
knowledgeable (in general).  I'm looking for a small handheld voice
recorder, but preferably one that i can use with my PC.  I'd like to record
into it and have the files uploaded to my PC (for insertion into a
database).  It's just going to be used for speech.  I'd like to use
something with a sony memory stick, or USB, or SDcard, or CF card, or Flash
card, or some "tiny" memory media (I'd like to have configurable storage,
not a soldered in chip or anything).  I'd like as much recording time as
possible, and I need the ability to upload to pc as a sound file of some
sort.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?  Does such a beast exist?  If not,
can someone point me _some_ direction that might be helpful, I don't know
where to start looking.

Thanks very much for even reading this OT...

Cheers,
CB