[ale] Re: This bites (was Re: [ale] More on Mozilla/Java)

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Mar 25 15:00:12 EST 2002

On 25 Mar 2002, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> > However, did you get the kiosk running? And under what software?
>
> Yes the kiosk eventually ran as needed. I blew away NT, installed RH 6.2
> and pushed out a customized user interface. It was installed and running
> on 24 machines in under 2 hours with 4 copies of the CD and a kickstart
> boot floppy. The students even commented they liked it better than the
> old stuff since this version worked great and didn't lockup.

Man, I'm sounding whiney & critical, and I don't mean to be at all.

Snoopy minds want to know: Were you able to get the liscence fee back from
MS? Were you able to make the UI identify itself as a Linux implementation
as opposed to a MS implementation? Are you able to check that the Students
are aware that they are not using a MS solution, even though it really
really shouldn't be an issue?

Sorry for sounding nitpicky - but snoopy minds _do_ want to know...

The harder I work, the luckier I get.
                    Lee Iacocca
Thompson Freeman          tfreeman at intel.digichem.net