[ale] Java applets in Galeon/Mozilla

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Sun Mar 24 10:32:53 EST 2002

Actually, it's probably best to grab the Java plugin straight from Netscape.
Look for the *latest* Linux release from FTP.Netscape.com , then look for a
file with "jre" in the name and ".xpi" for the extension. Grab that, then
have Mozilla running under root open it (you may be able to drag/drop with
Nautilus). Moz will install the package, but it may appear to hang. If that
happens, simply kill Moz, then  then rerun Moz under your user of choice.