[ale] system freezes

Jeff Rose jojerose at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 23 09:32:26 EST 2002

right now the only thing that I know that needs 3D acceleration is
Quake3.  But I've never had the system crash while playing.  It's
crashed while browsing the web, renaming files, playing music, playing
DVD's.  Many different activities.  A couple people in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia have had the same problems with the
same drivers.  Their solution was to downgrade to the 1.0-2314 drivers.
I just installed them and will see how it does.  I'll let you know

Jeff