[ale] OT: How fast is your connection, and how much do you pay?

ChangingLINKS.com ChangingLINKS.com at bigfoot.com
Fri Mar 22 20:46:34 EST 2002

Thanx guys for all of your valuable input. TODAY BellSouth called to offer
their service @$49/month(cause I don't have any extra features on my phone).
They said I can _have_ the external ethernet modem and I get 1 month FREE for
signing up.  Moreover, I had forgotten that you also get a backup dial-up
connection (though I don't have an external modem to use for that yet - and
probably couldn't configure it anyway). So the modem is coming by UPS and I
will have to set it up myself (they said that they have a particular modem
that can allow for home networking and can connect to my router without using
PPP. We will see. Hopefully, you all will be there for me when I try to
figure it out. For now, I will keep my overpriced underserviced AT&T
connection. Thanks again for the reports.
Drew
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com