[ale] OT: How fast is your connection, and how much do you pay?

Adrin haswes at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 22 20:26:52 EST 2002

Well,  I was going to bring up starband ( Dishnetworks
Broadband)  But I see that is a bad Idea to even think about
now.

1. Is StarBand right for me?
StarBand is right for...
* Residential usage
* Windows-based PCs (98, 98SE, 2000, Me)
* Minimal home networking
* Web surfing, e-mail, instant messaging
* Fixed-location installation
StarBand is NOT right for...
* Commercial/business usage
* Macintosh, Linux, Unix
* Web hosting
* VPN, voice and video over IP
* Real-time, live-action interactive gaming
* Mobile installation applications (RVs)
* AOL 5.0/6.0 or Prodigy 5.0 browsers

For the cost of it.   It doesn't even look like you would
get a good return.  It even says 10 faster than Dial up.
Dial up what is what I wonder. 56k?

Adrin