[ale] mod_perl install problems

Jeff Tillotson ale at jeffx.com
Fri Mar 22 18:18:55 EST 2002

I am frustrated.  I have tried everything I can think of and everything I
have read online.  I am trying to install mod_perl and apache.  I
downloaded mod_perl-1.26 and Apache-1.3.24.  I have followed all the
instructions to build 'em but everytime I get the following message in
error_log:
	Aoache.pm failed to load

So far I have:
	Added PerlModule	Apache to the httpd.conf file no luck
	Rebuilt perl and most modules (perl-5.6.1)
	And I am still having very little luck.
I have done all the test "perl -MApache -e 1" and they are all fine.  I
have minimized my httpd.conf file down to the absolute minimum as well as
every option I can find on the net.  I know the message is in mod_perl.c
but the comments say "should never happen".  It has happened and there is
little other help I can find on the net.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this?

Thanks,