[ale] Xlib on Win32

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Mar 22 17:11:49 EST 2002

Hello,

I would like to write a few Xlib programs to run on Windows based systems.
I'm would
like to know if anyone knows of a pacakge I can use to do this.  I've tried
Cygwin but
do not like having to run a full X server just to run somthing like xterm.
I would
prefer to run the app without having to start an Xserver. I would like to
make excution
seemless to the user.  I need X windows programming ability and POSIX
support.  I like the way
cygwin has console based apps like bash, telnet, and ssh.  I would like
support for
writing those too.  Does anyone know of a package that will give me what I
need?

Thanks,
Chris