[ale] OT: How fast is your connection, and how much do you pay?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Mar 22 09:07:38 EST 2002

I don't know how reliable it is, but dslreports tells me my dsl speed
with Speedfactory is:

1215 kbps down (which rates as AWESOME on their graph)
215 kbps up (which rates between fast and faster on their graph)

I've been very pleased with their service.  Nary a burb.  I've had a few
times where I've seen problems, but they were resolved before they
answered the phone, and a person always answers the phone.

I've got special needs so my pricing is a bit high, but I called them
for a standard dsl connection and the quote was $49 a month.  There are
install charges as well as hardware charges as well, but they've got a
hardware special running right now.  No bandwidth limitations either.

I wouldn't touch Bellsouth with a 10 mile fiber line...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net