[ale] moving filesystems/resizing partitions

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Mar 20 09:35:36 EST 2002

A lot depends on how much space you've got left on the various slices.
For example, you could fdisk the hda1 to a Linux partition and move hda6
It's really hard to say unless we know what is on each partition.  I
assume hda5 is either / or /boot, so say we leave it alone.  You could
change hda1 to a linux partition copy all of say, /usr to it, then
change your /etc/fstab to reflect the new /usr.  This should free up a
lot of space on hda6.  Just one example.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net