[ale] permanent networking solution?

Kevin Krumwiede krum at smyrnacable.net
Wed Mar 20 09:19:48 EST 2002

Two ways of doing it:

The simple way: Put the command to run it in a script that runs every time
the machine starts, like /etc/rc.sysinit.

The slick way: Create a /etc/rc.d/init.d/vncserver script based on one of
the other init scripts.  Give it a chkconfig header, which is just a
commented line or two that chkconfig reads to determine what runlevels and
what order to start things in -- see man chkconfig.  Then run
'/etc/rc.d/init.d/vncserver start' to start it and 'chkconfig vncserver on'
to turn it on permanently.

Krum