[ale] Non-Microsoft Document formats

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Mar 19 18:53:53 EST 2002

Michael Golden wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 14:13, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>Probably a stupid question, but are you turning in a paper copy, or
>>electronic?  Obviously, doesn't matter what file format it is if you're
>>turning in only a paper copy.
>>

> Ahh, I guess I wasn't clear on that one. ;) We had the option to email
> them or to turn them in on paper. I chose to email to save myself 49
> cents worth of printing expenses. ;) (7 cents/page)

Should cost you more than that counting postage as I assume you would
send it requiring proof of delivery.  I once mailed a research paper
cross country as I was attending my brother's wedding.  The instructor
never got it, and I ended up throwing what I could together based on
mostly memory.  Hard lesson learned...

I'd print it, mail it, not worry whether the instructor would be able to
read my document format.  If he/she didn't specify, you could martyr
yourself in the name of education by providing it in a format you know
the instructor could not process.

Have you considered pdf?  That's pretty portable and it's a bit more
difficult to modify then a word processor document.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net