[ale] XF86 on Debian

Arafat Mohamed abmtek at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 16 21:11:57 EST 2002

so i did an apt-get install xbase-clients :)

no I get
<snip>
arafat:~# startx
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xserverrc: /usr/bin/X11/X: No such file or
directory
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xserverrc: /usr/bin/X11/X: cannot execute: No such
file or directory
giving up.
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno3): Server error.
</snip>

and occasionally I'll get a message on the console "eth1: interrupt(s)
dropped!"

Maybe I should stay away from testing till I'm more comfortable with debian?
:)

Thank,
Arafat