[ale] XF86 on Debian

Ken Kennedy kkennedy at kenzoid.com
Sat Mar 16 19:03:37 EST 2002

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 04:56:24PM -0600, Arafat Mohamed wrote:
> I had X running fine with blackbox. I then decided that I couldn't live
> without bbkeys, so I pointed my sources to testing and downloaded bbkeys.
> Now when I try startx I get a command not found.
>
> Anyone know what I might have broken and how to fix it?

Huh. I use bbkeys with blackbox (running unstable). Can you clarify
your statement above? When you say 'Now when I try startx I get a
command not found.', are you saying that 'startx' itself is not found,
or that the X startup kicks off and then dies, throwing a 'command not
found' back to you at the end?

If it's the second, I'd look in the X logs for clues...uh,
/var/log/XFree86.0.log. If it's the first...hmm...dunno for
sure. Hm...how're you trying to run bbkeys? What's in your .xsession?
Do you have a path wrong there?

Just some thoughts...

Ken Kennedy	| http://www.kenzoid.com	| kenzoid at io.com

 PGP signature