[ale] regex question?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu Mar 14 11:15:19 EST 2002

Got one just annoying me.  It's going to be something simple I'm sure.
>From a ksh command line I'm executing a set of commands:

/usr/local/bin/doreport | grep 03/1[34]/02

obviously to limit it based on date.  This works great when the date is
13 and 14, but what's the best way to do the grep for something like the
19 and 20 or even 31 and 01?  I tried [13|14] and that doesn't work, I'd
rather keep it short and not have an egrep '03/14/02|03/15/02' as that
can be a bit ugly for some juniors I'm trying to teach.

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: