[ale] OT: Data Mapping Tool

Bradley Glonka bradley at linuxcentral.com
Wed Mar 13 15:51:51 EST 2002

This is a pretty good question and a realistic need.  Sorry I don't know
of any product that will do exactly that.  But ...... MySQL can import CSV
file (or just about any other files).  You may find you need to seperate
the columns in your spreadsheet.  Also PHPMyAdmin has great tool makes
some of the import features easy to use.

If you data is on a Windows box you can can use ODBC and Excel.  I must
admit Excel is one heck of a tool.  You'll at least need the ODBC driver
for the DB your using.  You may also need an Excel data access plugin.

Good luck, I'll be curious to know if there is such a product which will
do just what your looking for.
--
Brad