[ale] OT: Data Mapping Tool

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 13 15:57:35 EST 2002

There is a whole category of tools for doing this. The general name for
them is extract, transform and load or ETL tools. All of the ones I know
about come from commercial vendors like Informatica and are extremely
expensive. We used Informatica for some of our data migration projects
where I used to work. If anybody knows of some free or cheap versions, I
would sure like to hear about it.