[ale] Need a PHP/MySQL intern...

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 13 06:44:42 EST 2002

Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

> Python supports the kind of organizational structures that I like. XML/XSLT lets me seperate the content out
> and be more dynamic within the context of my program structure. I haven't investigated the XML/XSLT
> support within Python enough to confirm its the solution that I want but I have good reason to believe that its
> close enough to allow me to build what I need.

You might look at Zope and Zope Page Templates. Zope rocks;
it's a free web application server implemented mostly in
Python: <http:www.zope.org>. ZPT allows you to achieve nearly
100% separation between presentation, content, and logic,
and allows application logic to be implemented in Python or
(so I believe, though I haven't tried it) Perl.

I haven't actually used ZPT in production yet, but I plan to
convert an existing client's Zope site to use ZPT in the near
future.

Cheers (from the future),
-- Joe
  Using open-source software: free.