[ale] MySQL development

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 13 09:43:37 EST 2002

The book I have on MySQL has some information on the C API to MySQL, but
it isn't comprehensive. The book is titled simply "MySQL" by Paul DuBois
and is published by New Riders. You can see a breakdown with excerpts
here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735709211/qid=1016030278/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/002-8768825-5084819

The author points out that all of the MySQL clients are written in C and
are open source, so they make great examples. You can view the code for
mysql, mysqladmin and so on to see how they work.