[ale] Compiling the linux 2.4.4 kernel with NFSv4 support. SUCCESS !

Amarendra Godbole (Intl Vendor) v-amarg at microsoft.com
Tue Mar 12 23:25:37 EST 2002

Hello folks (and James),

I have compiled the kernel 2.4.4 successfully, with no hassels, and with
the NFS v4 support built in. I was screwing up the .config file by
manually editing it. Also, make config, which asks you many questions
(and which you have to answer) was a problem for me, since I did not
know the config options for the kernel. So I used make menuconfig, and
enabled whatever I wanted to, including the NFSv4 support after patching
the kernel with the NFSv4 patch.

The compilation went thru fine, and I am able to use the NFS v4 feature
now. More details about NFSv4 are available from
http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/feb_2002_rel/mainpatch.html

James, I am attaching my NFSv4 .config file for reference.

Thanks a lot for all those helped me do this, specifically James.

Cheers,
--amar

--
Amarendra A. Godbole / Microsoft ``Services For UNIX'' / These opinions
are _MINE_.

 config-netlink-nfsv4