[ale] advice for intermediate linux'r

Jim Popovitch jimpop at rocketship.com
Sun Mar 10 23:58:22 EST 2002

Take the time and learn the basics about vi, sed, awk, and perl.  You will
never regret it.  I don't want to start a flame war either, but emacs isn't
installed by default on most OS'es and it's pretty much guaranteed that vi
will be there.  If you ever anticipate having to fix/use a system, that you
didn't install, then vi is your friend.  I couldn't tell you the number of
times that I have connected to servers (mostly w/ a serial cable) that i
needed to edit something before the network interfaces would come up.

-Jim P.