[ale] Interesting problem with kernel 2.4.17

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Mar 10 15:18:19 EST 2002

I've upgraded to 2.4.17 and now I'm having an unusual problem.  It appears
that at a random time my command line session no longer responds to keyboard
input.  When I do a ps listing on a seperate screen, PS shows the process as
being traced or stopped.  Sending a continue signal does not hel and I have
to kill those processes to regain control of that tty.  This happens
regardless of the tty's.  It can be a pseudo tty or a console tty.  Does
anyone have an idea what would cause this?

Thanks,
Chris Fowler