[ale] Dumb,dumber, and me.

Sergio Chaves sergio_chavess at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 8 09:20:50 EST 2002

Hello "Alers"!

This is interesting (I've already used "dumb").
We upgraded our mail server from Red Hat 6.0 to Red Hat 7.2 (mistake?) with,
of course, the new version of Sendmail for better Spam control.
The interesting thing is that we can not figure out how to configure
Sendmail to work properly. It seems (theory here) It leaves us with an
option of either allow everything or block everything. In other words, if I
block the domain HOTMAIL.COM but allow moejoe at hotmail.com, sendmail still
rejects mojoe at hotmail.com, and we do not know why since it works with other
"smaller" domains.
Upon checking in the log file, it seems like that when the message is
relayed, the relay server does not issue a "verify" and the message is
rejected right-of-from-the-start. Does that make any sense to anyone?
Please be gentle on your answers.

Thanks,

Sergio