[ale] Installfest Confirmation

bieb bieb at law.emory.edu
Thu Mar 7 14:15:27 EST 2002

Here is the message I sent to the people that registered for the
Installfest. If you did not register, no problem, come and have fun..
get linux installed or help install linux. I do the register part so
I have an idea of roughly how many people are planning on comming.
Right now as of 12pm 3/7 we have 12 Installers and 29 Installees.

I think we can do the Installfest Sale like we did at the last
Installfest, I will setup a cart or a table off to the side that has
a installfest sale sign. Just grab an index card and write how much
you want for your item and your name, so we can find you if someone
wants your item.

We also have a good amount of door prizes so make sure you fill an
entry.

Harold

If there are any other questions please email me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am sending this message out to everyone that registered for the
March 9th Installfest. Thank you for your participation. I will cover
a couple things.
The parking situation: The lot that is behind the Law School can be
used, there is a sign that says you must have a sticker to park
there, that is only for school hours. After 4pm weekdays, and on
weekends and Holidays, this is not in effect. If there are no spaces
available, you can park in the deck behind the law school/ law
library. The entrance is on the far end of the deck, if you drive
towards the building behind the deck, there is a small access road,
just go to the right and then to the right into the deck.
How to get your computer and equipment to the installfest room: We
will have some rolling carts available. Just come up to the Agnor
room on the 3rd floor and grab a cart. There will be signs pointing
to the Agnor room.
Installers: You can bring copies of any Linux version that you have,
I will have copies of most distros, but it never hurts to have extra
copies. Feel free to bring whatever other tools you feel will be
beneficial to you.
Installees: Bring your CPU, monitor, mouse, and keyboard, and any
other items you think you will need for your install. Please bring
your cables and a power strip.
We will have refreshments, I am planning on having Pizza for
lunchtime. There will be plenty of coffee also.
Please feel free to bring more people with you if you think they
would be interested, even if they just come this time to ask
questions. But, let them know they might want to bring their PC
anyhow, incase they decide to jump in.