[ale] minimizing the linux size

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Mar 4 18:47:45 EST 2002

linux-bbc rocks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Turner [mailto:artic_knight at yahoo.com]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 6:18 PM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: [ale] minimizing the linux size

well one reason im creating my linux from scratch is
so i can make it small enough to fit on a mini 3" cd.
so what things can be replaced with smaller cusins? or
should i better ask, where could i find out or find
some smaller replacments to certain files on my linux
distro that wont lose thier functionality? i heard
something about the glibc is too large? and there was
a smaller alternative? things of that sort... thanks
in advance :)

sent to listmaster at ale dot org.