[ale] your new administrator, bill gates

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Sun Jun 30 18:01:53 EDT 2002

On Sunday 30 June 2002 05:17 pm, Geoffrey wrote:

> If you caught our recent coverage  of the Windows Media Player trio of
> security holes you may have followed a link to the TechNet download site
> for a patch, or you might have activated Windows Update. If you did the
> former (though, oddly, not if you did the latter), you would have been
> confronted with an End User License Agreement (EULA) stating, most
> ominously, that:
>
> "You agree that in order to protect the integrity of content and
> software protected by digital rights management ('Secure Content'),
> Microsoft may provide security related updates to the OS Components that
> will be automatically downloaded onto your computer. These security
> related updates may disable your ability to copy and/or play Secure
> Content and use other software on your computer. If we provide such a
> security update, we will use reasonable efforts to post notices on a web
> site explaining the update."

Thank you for allowing Lou's Auto Service to change
your oil.

By doing so, you hereby agree to our new EULA, which allows
Lou to add or remove any components from your auto that he deems
necessary.

These changes may disable your brakes or steering,
or otherwise interfere with your use of your vehicle.
Before driving it, be sure to check Lou's website
which may or may not contain notices about such
changes.

Have a nice day.

Irv