[ale] OT: Sun Treasoning

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Thu Jun 27 21:45:52 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 18:59, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> Am I being a radical?  After what happened on 9/11 am I the only one who
> feels that Sun committed treason against our fellow Americans by firing
> a good portion of their American workforce and keeping those foreigners
> with work visa's?  Of course my views could be extreme.

This is pretty much exactly what happened to me at my last employer.  I
think there was an H-1 in my chair even before I picked up my last
check.

I think it stinks but I stop short of calling it treason.  However, the
people who certify those H-1 applications are certifying that they
cannot find Americans who can do the same work; the evil lies there and
in the people who aren't responsibly enforcing the law.

-Jeff