[ale] Palladium/MS: ideas for retaliation - WAY OT now!!!

Greg runman at telocity.com
Thu Jun 27 19:21:18 EDT 2002

I have known 2 teachers extremely well. One was up until 1-2 am grading
papers on a nightly basis and one figured out that if you don't give a lot
of homework, then the teacher doesn't have a lot of homework, and what she
does she can do in her "free period" at work.  One spent her summer getting
certified & taking courses the other spent her summer beside the pool and
doing private tutoring (for good $$) for 2 summer months, spent the 1 week
of spring break in France and the 2 week Xmas vacation chillin' - for a
total of 12 weeks ~ 3 months.  I have never seen a company give anyone off
for 3 months.  The other spent her 12 weeks and her $$$ on courses.  What a
difference.

In many systems the teachers cannot be removed until they commit a felony
and go to prison, in others a newbie teacher who did not give up $$ for the
NEA union got bad reviews and no contract.  What a difference.

The screech you hear is me steering this to a fact of life - in education
just as in the private and public sector there is a wide difference between
those that work like the devil and get little and those that skate and make
it easy.  What a difference.

As it would not change anything I refrain from any other comments, though I
would like it if, considering I have no kids, not to be taxed mightily on my
property for money to be spent on those who do have kids, though I suppose
if I had a large family (family > 12)  it would be a bargain ... again,
What a difference.

Greg Canter