[ale] Palladium/MS: ideas for retaliation - WAY OT now!!!

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Wed Jun 26 15:32:06 EDT 2002

I'll risk the flames and state my opinion on teacher salaries. In Stephens
County, the average teacher salary is in the 40s. The average income
countywide is only in the high 20s. The teachers work 9 months in a year.
Everyone else works 12. As you can imagine, the local citizens aren't
playing any violins or shedding tears over teacher salary woes. They're
too busy struggling to pay their inflated property taxes so the teachers
can make twice as much as they do. I'm not in this position, as I have
been blessed and do fairly well, but I have friends who struggle to make
ends meet every day. That being said, teachers do not automatically garner
sympathy from me just because they are teachers.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security