[ale] [ISN] Microsoft to reveal Palladium source code (fwd)

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Jun 26 13:58:25 EDT 2002

A small concession and strategic move.  The simple fact that binaries have
to be signed digitally means that if you or I compile *any* source,
whether kernel, app, etc., it won't run.  Only authorized certified
binaries will.  That's the kicker...it defeats open source by using one of
its best and most important benefits against itself...

John