[ale] CrossOver Office VS Win4Lin

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu Jun 20 14:06:29 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 13:31, cfowler wrote:
> CrossOver Office is using Wine.  What are the providing that I will not
> get if I just use the lastest Wine?

Some of their code has not been accepted into WINE yet.  They customize
it to work for Office, even if that makes it less perfect.  So they have
code that may never be part of WINE.  Also, they add a pretty nice
installer, no config files to screw around with and mess up.  I found it
far less painless than using WINE.

And of course, some tech support comes with the purchase.

--Michael