[ale] hard drive won't mount

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 20 13:44:58 EDT 2002

Just an update: I tried booting from my old 2.4.17 boot disk and voila! fsck
ran to completion without errors!! I am now working from my Linux partition
again. But I understand I am probably living on borrowed time. This seeming
success may be just a fluke. One symptom of my hard drive's woes is that it
seems to run better the longer it is up. It only gets flaky when it has been
booted recently. But the longer it stays up, the more stable it is. This may
be related to the temperature of the circuits inside. I don't know.