[ale] hard drive won't mount

keith frost pfrostie at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 11:43:53 EDT 2002

that's the one that kept bitting me, only mine was
continuous.
in my case the kernel was so busy sending error
messages about the bad crc that it was showing up on
my loadmeter.  i tried the hdparam as well but with no
luck.  in the end i went to a 2.2 based debian
potato/sid.
this is where i've been ever since.  i had people
telling me to throw away the drive or send it back to
the manufurer, that it was defective.  funny it worked
great on the older mandrakes(w/2.2) and debian
potato(2.2).

it's been almost a year now the drive is still going
strong.

--- cfowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
> I have a 7200 RPM 60GB drive on on RH7.3 sometimes I
> get bad crc
> errors.  These ususally come in groups.  But I have
> not had any luck
> turning DMA off with hdparam.
>
> Chris

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux