[ale] SCSI help

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Jun 19 23:42:44 EDT 2002

The main use for SCA is in a hot swap setup. The SCA plugin has data,
power, and SCSI-ID connectors. They are also less expensive than the
drives with separate plug/sockets/jumpers. There are adapters for SCA to
"normal" SCSI/power/ID.

Do you need hot swap capabilities? If you're on this list, OF COURSE YOU
DO!! What a silly question :)

Realistically, hot swap is useful for mission critical, RAID setups
only. Even really high-end home hobbyist can live well without hot swap
drives.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>