[ale] Why won't IP e-mail address go through BS?

Mike Millson mgm at atsga.com
Tue Jun 18 17:01:11 EDT 2002

I have set up the Courier IMAP e-mail server. I have BS ADSL w/ a static IP,
but no domain name, so in order to send mail to my e-mail server, I have to
address it to my IP address (e.g. mgm at xx.xx.xx.xx). I can log into my Yahoo
account and send e-mail to my mgm at xx.xx.xx.xx address and have Courier
receive it no problem, but if I attempt to send it from my BS account, the
e-mail never gets there. I get the following reject notice back from BS:

.net 007: This e-mail message was undeliverable due to the
following reason:

.net 018: Each of the following recipients were rejected by a
destination mail system.

Note: The reasons given by the destination mail system are included
to help you determine why each recipient was rejected.

Solution:
Attempt to resend, or contact the recipient by alternate means to let
them know about the issue.

    Recipient: <mgm@[216.77.224.98]>
    Reason:    Syntax error.

Anyone know what's going on here? Why can I send mail from Yahoo but not BS?

Thank you,
Mike