[ale] OT: Wireless access points?

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Tue Jun 18 10:57:05 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 09:21 am, you wrote:

> I would have to disagree.  Bill's vision (which led to him having more cash
> and clout than you or I will ever have), heavily revolved around building
> an OS that did *NOT* require such exams or tests in order to use.  It put
> him *in* to business.

I'm sorry, but Bill's 'vision' extends only to spotting good ideas developed
by others, and copying them. I have no problem with that, but I do draw the
line when it comes to the underhanded and sometimes illegal ways he then
eliminates the competition,  leaving us, the users, stuck with Bill's often
second-rate, buggy, and insecure programs as the only choice.

If you doubt any of this, just look at the number of lawsuits which have been
lost by Microsoft, despite the 'clout' of all the lawyers Bill can buy.

DOS - not his idea.
Windows - not his idea.
Anything to do with the Internet - he never even saw it coming,
(read his books if you doubt this)
Security -  See who?

Bill's having more money doesn't impress me at all. John Gotti also had
a lot more money than most people.

Regards,
Irv