[ale] ext2/3 trouble

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 17 23:59:12 EDT 2002

Joseph A Knapka wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I just built ext3 support into my (stock 2.4.18) kernel,
> upgraded e2fsprogs to 1.27, and now I cannot create
> any extN filesystems for any value of N! mke2fs says,
> "File size limit exceeded", after telling me where
> it's going to put the superblock backups.
>
> I've been googling around for this, and have found
> many complaints, but no solutions yet. Any advice
> is appreciated.

Problem solved: downgrade to e2fsprogs 1.25. Everything
from 1.26 onward is broken on systems that use a
version of glibc compiled under a 2.2-era kernel.

-- Joe
   "Thanks to Microsoft, I am now blind in both eyes. They have
    rolled back in my head so many times this week that they
    are apparently stuck there now."
      - Jonathan Rickman, regarding M$ anti-open-source PR.