[ale] ale-NW bash presentation: need copies...

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jun 11 07:22:10 EDT 2002

aaron wrote:
> David:
>   Based on all the work you are putting into this bash programming
> presentation, 40 copies of the "book" may not be enough: I know it's
> convinced me to make the trip to attend my first ALE NW meeting!

Well, I'd love to see more then 40 folks show up, but we've not had that
many at the NW meetings.  When school was in session, we had close to
30, of late it's been more close to about 20 I believe.

> I have a suggestion for addressing your challenge of sharing the
> documentation without paying for the logging of a small forest:
>    What about just printing 1 set of transparencies for the meeting and
> show them with a second, seperate Over Head projector...

I think the issue is he want's folks to be able to take notes on the
handouts.

> perhaps get a
> volunteer to assist with the Vanna White thing (high heels and blonde wig
> optional, of course).

I've got the heels, but my wig is brunette, but I still look good. :)

>    As suggested earlier, also make the handout materials avialable on
> line a few days before the presentation. That way anyone interested can
> review them and decide for themselves if they want go to the expenses of
> creating a hard copy for the meeting and future reference.

I should be able to get them on the web site, at least for download.

>   Even if the transparencies cost $0.50 a page to produce, your costs
> would be <$20.00. People at the meeting would still have the benefit of
> seeing the complete docs while several dozen pine trees breath a heavily
> oxygenated sigh of relief.

Last time I priced transparencies, they were a bit more.  40 could cost
upwards of $40.

We should have the ability to display the handouts off David's laptop
though, as we did with previous presentations.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net