[ale] PDAs and Linux

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Jun 12 11:03:57 EDT 2002

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, John Wells wrote:

> I'm going to be in the market soon for a PDA, and I'm trying to weigh my
> options.
>
> Aside from linux-based PDAs, in which the OS is some variant of Linux, I'm
> wondering if any PDAs out there provide software to work and sync with
> Linux.   In other words, calendars, address books, etc. that you can run
> and update on Linux and upload/sync to your PDA.
>
> Because I use Linux almost exclusively at home, it would probably be a
> waste of time to buy a PDA that only provides Windows software.
>
> Thanks for any information you might have.
>
> John

<<snip>>

Well, I'm using a Handspring PDA, which uses the PalmOS, and syncing to
jpilot under RH7.2. The combination works for me, but I don't push the PDA
to do things like play movies or display pictures or other such. I just
want the calendar, address book, and notes functions. Solitare and any
other games are gravey.

YMMV

The harder I work, the luckier I get.
                    Lee Iacocca