[ale] OT: content-disposition and client-side perl

jenn at colormaria.com jenn at colormaria.com
Thu Jun 13 11:20:29 EDT 2002

The idea is to sort of make the perl app work like adobe acrobat, where
the server pushes a stream of text for the app to interpret without
saving the stream to a physical file and then reading it in.  My only
frame of reference would be piping stdin to a script, so I'm really in
over my head here.

I've considered making the client-side perl app pull the file instead
of having the server push the file to the app, but the file is hidden
behind many layers of authentication and ssl and frankly, I'd rather
tackle trying to read pushed data than sort out logging in, hitting a
script with a request to fetch the file from its non-web-accessible
location, etc.

Thanks for the feedback...you've given me some ideas on new stuff to
search for on Google.  :)

jenn