[ale] Time sync, time servers

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Jun 14 20:56:52 EDT 2002

Here's a line from my root cron tab.

/usr/bin/rdate -s ntp1.csx.cam.ac.uk && /sbin/hwclock --systohc --utc

The ntp1.csx.cam.ac.uk is a tier II time server so it is accurate to
within 1 second plus or minus 2 seconds per year on average.

Add this to the /etc/ppp/ip-up.local file and your box will set the time
when you make a ppp conection.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>