[ale] apt-rpm is awsome

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Jun 10 20:44:28 EDT 2002

up2date can keep 1 machine current. Then using autorpm or autoupdate,
one can keep a whole fleet of rpm-based boxes current with little or no
intervention needed. As up2date stores it's downloads, the other apps
can simply be pointed to the /var/spool/up2date directory. It will need
to be shared out with http or ftp or (gag, hiss) NFS. Although NFS can
be shunted through stunnel for security.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>