[ale] sendmail and a Dynamic IP

Jon Faranda jonfa at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 15 01:09:21 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I have Redhat 7.2 running sendmail. I have
Bellsouth DSL and my IP address changes several times a day. I have a
DTDNS.com hostname (redhatjon.slyip.net) setup for ftping and web stuff and
an IP updater to let DTDNS know when my IP changes. The problem is I can send
mail ok, but cannot receive any mail. When I try to send an email to <A
href="mailto:jon at redhatjon.slyip.net">jon at redhatjon.slyip.net I never
receive it. How can I configure sendmail to handle this.

in /var/log/maillog I have the
following:

sendmail: My unqualified host name (jon's
computer) unknown: sleeping for retry

Jon's computer is the name of my machine. Do I need
to change the computer name? I am also behind a
DSL router and I have ports 25 and 110 open. Do I need any others too? I'm
confused. Any ideas.

ps--Sorry if this is a double
post
--Jon Faranda<A