[ale] Bank sites (Was: More on Dell support)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Jun 16 20:50:11 EDT 2002

James Taylor wrote:
 > Printing register lists doesn't work, either, but it's still
 > moderately usable. My take on these sites is that they don't want
 > to pay for professional programmers and are hiring script kiddies
 > to do their work for them.

Actually they do farm it out, but a lot of these web development houses
are windows based.

Also, Wachovia admits their site has problems with later browsers, but
indicate they're working on it.  Unlike Suntrust who claims
(incorrectly) that Netscape has changed the way they 'communicate' and
therefore causes a problem.  When in fact, Suntrust exploits a known bug
in Javascript which Mozilla won't properly handle.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net