[ale] One more reason to not buy Dell computers

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jun 14 16:39:02 EDT 2002

I've just acquired a Dell monitor and went to the Dell support site to
get the info on it.  I was presented with a log in window prompting for
my service tag #.  Since I have a Dell laptop for work, I selected the
'find my service tag for me' option as I don't want to power down my
laptop in order to get the service tag off the bottom.

I was presented with the following message:

  We're sorry. The operating system or browser you are using is not
supported at this time. We may support your platform in future releases
based on demand.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net