[ale] dual-head xfree 4.2

Chris Egolf cegolf at ugholf.net
Mon Jun 17 14:01:01 EDT 2002

Probably the best place to start would be here:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Xinerama-HOWTO.html

Also, depending on the Radeon card you have, there may be a few gotchas.
  I ran into a problem w/ the Dell OEM version of the Radeon VE card
which requires a patch from the XFree86 CVS.  The maintainer was kind
enough to send me the update, but I don't know if it's available from
CVS yet.

If you have the retail version of a Radeon, you should be in good shape.
  The HOWTO's pretty good.

Geoffrey wrote:
> I recall someone posting to the list regarding a dual head setup.  I've
> decided to give this a spin, since my radeon card supports multiple
> devices.  I'm not found any specific info as to how to modify the config
> file for this purpose.  Does anyone have any document pointers?  I've
> been all over the XFree site.

                                Chris Egolf
              http://www.ugholf.net     cegolf at ugholf.net