[ale] ale-NW bash presentation: need copies...

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jun 10 14:45:07 EDT 2002

David S. Jackson wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 10:20:47AM -0400 cfowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
>
>>If it is in electronic format, I can convert to PDF.
>>

> I'm authoring the thing in LaTeX, so PS is pretty convenient.  I'd like
> to put the LaTeX source as well as PS documents up, so people can alter
> the source if they're so inclined.
>
> My main problem is making copies.  It would cost me a fortune, and I
> cannot depend on everyone to hit the website and print their own copies.
> I *need* people to have a copy in front of them.  To make notes on as
> well as corrections.  Then take that home and experiment.  I don't see a
> workable way around making a bunch of copies.  Hence, I am hoping that
> someone at the university or organization can expense it somehow.  For
> 40 copies of 50 pages at $0.07 per page, that would be $140 before tax.
> That's more change than I can afford to drop on copies.

I suspect 40 is more then that's needed.  25-30 is probably more
realistic, but still too much for one person to foot the bill for.

Anyone from the KSU lug on the list?  Would it be possible to make the
copies for David?

What about a floppy for those folks who might bring a laptop.  I for one
could easily do that, and save the paper.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net