[ale] upgrade

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Jul 31 13:51:54 EDT 2002

Glen (with HAM call letters in his name),

You can do a live upgrade by cd'ing to the <path to
download>/RedHat/RPMS directory. Now run "rpm -Fvh *.rpm"

This will take a LONG time. It will check to see what you have then
upgrade only what is already installed. It may come back with errors and
refuse to run. This is especially true if you have any ximian-gnome
stuff loaded from the red-carpet installer.

Barring that, you can run mkisofs on the download directory and make in
iso image. Then point the boot floppy installer to that.

Or better, download the iso images and burn CD's. Unless you are on a
dialup modem.